The New York Giants have a quality defense that appears set up for years to come, but there are a few missing pieces that would put them over-the-top.

One of those pieces would be a cornerback to pair with Pro Bowler James Bradberry, while the other would be an elite edge rusher to give the Giants that added advantage.

Our friends over at Draft Wire recognize that need and in their latest 2021 mock draft, have the Giants selecting Miami edge rusher Gregory Rousseau at No. 10 overall.

10. New York Giants
Gregory Rousseau | EDGE | Miami (FL)

Rousseau, who opted out of the 2020 season due to COVID-19, is expected to be a top 5 or top 10 pick come April and would be a steal for the Giants at the back-end of that projection. He recorded 15.5 sacks in 2019 and many expected him to take an even bigger leap in 2020.

“I put in so much work before last season. I was going to improve in 2020 as well. I was ready to go to war with my brothers. That part of opting out really sucked. I really wanted to play football this season. I did what I had to do. I went with my heart. I’m just going forward,” Rousseau told Draft Wire.

Rousseau would start immediately on Patrick Graham’s defense and make an already talented front 7 that much more dangerous.