1

(Photo by Harry How/Getty Images)

“Leadership is something you earn, something you’re chosen for. You can’t come in yelling, ‘I’m your leader!’ If it happens, it’s because the other guys respect you.”

2

(AP Photo/Don Wright)

“I love this game, my teammates, the Steelers organization and fans, and I feel in my heart I have a lot left to give.”
After being placed on injured reserve

3

(Photo by Leon Halip/Getty Images)

“I take my life and put it on the football field, and I take the football field and put it in my life.”

4

Mandatory Credit: James Lang-USA TODAY Sports

“I try to live my life like my father lives his. He always takes care of everyone else first. He won’t even start eating until he’s sure everyone else in the family has started eating. Another thing: My dad never judges me by whether I win or lose.”

5

(Photo by Dilip Vishwanat/Getty Images)

“There will always be hard times. Use adversity to fuel your fire. In high school, I wanted to play quarterback but couldn’t until I was a senior. I played wide receiver instead, and this ultimately helped me because I learned more about the game.”

6

Mandatory Credit: Sam Sharpe-USA TODAY Sports

“I want the fans and the people of Pittsburgh to embrace me as a Pittsburgher. I am not the California surfer-type. I love the city and love the people, and hopefully they see me as a blue-collar Pittsburgh guy because that’s how I want to play the game.”

7

Mandatory Credit: Jason Bridge-USA TODAY Sports

“I’ve seen fathers criticizing their sons the moment a game’s over. Not my dad. It doesn’t matter if I threw an interception or a Hail Mary, he always says, ‘Good job, son, I’m proud of you.’ Then he shakes my hand and gives me a hug. Every time.”

8

(Photo by Brian Blanco/Getty Images)

“ sin like everybody else. I am no different. We make mistakes. We get addicted to things. We sin. We’re human. I think sometimes we get put on this pedestal where we can’t make mistakes. I’ve fallen as short as anybody.”